Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Be Still- better late than never!

I had intentions to post this last week, but didn't get to it until now. :)

It's always good to have reminders to Be Still, but they seem especially pertinent at the times of year when things are a little bit crazy.  In this season of transition as summer winds down and school-year activities wind up it is important that we, as parents, model how to take time for quiet and calm. And let's be real-- if I wasn't being intentional to try and model it, I probably wouldn't do it at all, no matter how much I actually need it.

So I challenge you: model 1 minute (or more! is it even possible?!) of stillness for your children. 

I don't remember exactly where I learned this (I think it was from my pastor, Angie), but this is one of my favorite ways to pray Psalm 46:10...First, breathe deeply and say the whole verse in your mind, "Be still and know that I am God."  On the next breath, say it again, except remove the last word, "Be still and know that I am..."  On each successive breath, remove another word, "Be still and know that I..."  By the end, you are left with this command: be.  Just be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment