Friday, June 3, 2011

Here we go!

So, a few weeks ago I emailed my friend Jen and told her we had a mission from God to do this summer.  This is how I know Jen is a great friend: she didn't even blink. (Or, I imagine she didn't as she read.) Instead she jumped right in to this project, full of her own brilliant insights and ideas. 

I love summer. I love warm weather, vacations, and a more open schedule. However, I've found that things at my house operate better if we still have a little structure. Not too much, but a little. I'm very excited to work on learning Bible verses with my boys and to have a framework and some accountability to make it happen! Our plan is to learn one verse a week for 12 weeks, using the Say it!/Play it!/Pray it! method (Jen's genuis). We didn't want to make this too complicated, so each week we'll do one activity from each category. We hope some of our friends will join us in this project and also share how it goes in your households. Jen and I look forward to sharing with each other and with you.


I'm getting a jump-start on Week 1-- I've written our verse on the chalkboard and posted sticker charts for each of the boys. At the end of the week, they'll get a sticker in the box. I'm excited to see what ideas Jen has to motivate her girls! Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Molly and Jen! This is way-cool. I'm glad you are blogging out this so I can follow along. Zella is probably too young for Bible memorization. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memorization might be a stretch, but praying the Word over her each week and singing songs/playing games is always appropriate! Thanks for joining us in loving and playing with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete