Friday, June 10, 2011

A Light Unto My Crabbiness

Doesn't this picture look nice? Our loving family gathered around the Bible, voices harmonious, spirits joined in unity...ahhhh. What a nice idea. In reality, this week was filled with whining, tantrums, fighting and time-outs. At least that's how it felt to "MooOOOMMmmMMMYYY!!!!" The heat? The rain? The new togetherness now that school is out? Probably all of the above, and I found my patience thin and my voice raised a lot more than I would like them to be. Time spent focusing on God's word is just as much for me (maybe more?) than it is for them. A chance to stop, take a breath (or several), and refocus on something positive and life-giving.

Okay, so the week wasn't all bad. We spent a couple glorious days at the pool. We played some games. We worked together to get the house clean for our weekend guest. And we did some fun things together learning Psalm 119:105. The boys loved learning the familiar song that accompanies this verse.

Brady was thrilled to recognize this song at our church's high school choir's home concert this week! Both boys really got into singing it as our mealtime prayer. We also enjoyed staying up late one warm night and taking a walk with flashlights, "lighting our path" and hunting for lightening bugs. We didn't get around to starting a prayer journal this week...maybe tomorrow. Or next week. In the meantime, I'll be working on my crabbiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment